Monday 29 April 2013

IN GALASHIELS









It's been a long time since I visited the Scottish Borders, which is where I spent the first fourteen years of my life. My dad still lives in Galashiels and so I thought it about time I made the three hour trip. On the bus journey down it was really surreal going through the village, Stow, where I used to live. I have fond memories of my Primary school years and I feel really lucky to have been able to roam about freely in the countryside. It definitely made me a much more creative person. I didn't like high school at all though, when I still lived in Galashiels, and i was very happy to move away.  I think that's the reason I've arranged to spend time with my dad in Glasgow rather than go there.

So, although the weather was a bit on and off I had a nice time in Gala. But what was really great was eating nice food! First night we had an Indian takeaway (lamb and ginger balti with peshwari naan, so good!) and the second night we had an incredible steak dinner. I don't get to eat this sort of "expensive" food very often so I enjoyed it very very much. It's a shame i spent a large amount of my time indoors but it was nice just to hang out with my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment