Monday 28 January 2013

Hair Issues


(Okay, so here's my first post with one of my little illustrations. I've not quite mastered the art of getting the drawings onto my computer without them looking all pixely but I'm sure I'll learn as I go along.)

I think I've always had issues with my hair. I don't ever really remember being happy with it. Apart from the occasional night out where i've somehow managed to get it to stay in place. I've genuinely never found a style that I like or that really represents the way I want to look. I can't blame the hairdressers because they always give me what I ask for. It's not there fault I clearly don't suit a single hair colour or style. 

So, the other day there I was reading one of my favourite blogs The Man Repeller and the lovely Leandra Medine was telling us all about her adventure with cutting her own hair. I think I've done this once, I was five. My mum shouted at me and I lived with a squint fringe for a little while. But, since then I've not dared touch the kitchen scissors. After reading the article on The Man Repeller I definitely felt that, like Leandra, I could cut my own hair and have great successes. I tweeted about it "Debating whether to cut my own hair..." and I was met with one of my friends strongly advising me against it and a fellow blogger telling me to go for it! I'm not good with mixed messages. 

I decided against cutting my own hair. I'm no Alexa or Leandra and will never be happy with my hair so cutting it myself probably won't help the situation. I dream of a day that I can afford a super duper hair stylist who will give me the perfect hair cut. Until then, I'll try and not to be tempted by the kitchen scissors.




1 comment:

  1. Haha I don't think I could cut my own hair either. Takes major guts, although leandra at the man repeller's hair did turn out pretty awesome!

    Http://east-coast-toast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete